How to start?
- Brainstorm the emotions Katniss experiences.
- Choose one emotion for the poem.
- Associate the emotion with the five senses (taste, smell, feel, sound, look).
- The last line of the poem will include a metaphor of the emotion.
- (First line) (Emotion) is (color)
- (Second line) What does the emotion taste like?
- (Third line) What does the emotion smell like?
- (Fourth line) What does the emotion feel like?
- (Fifth line) What does the emotion sound like?
- (Sixth line) What does the emotion look like?
- (Seventh line) (Emotion) is _____________(include a metaphor).
Example to look at
Frustration is beige.
It tastes like burnt oatmeal
and smells like the pages between an old book.
It feels like choking and gasping for air in a smoke-filled room
and sounds like the drone of locusts on a summer’s day. (svärm av syrsor)
It looks like the fingernail dents in the palm of my hand
Frustration is an empty well at the edge of a desert.