We will start our theme with a discussion. Here are the questions you can use, but feel free to come up with your own questions in the discussions:
- Define racism. (here is a definition, but se if yu can find some more!)
- Is there a lot of racism in your home country?
- Name one way to stop racism.
- Have you ever been hurt by racism?
- Do you think that racism will ever go away?
- What do you do when you see racism?
- Are there punishments for racism in your country?
- Name three feelings that come up when you hear the word racism.
- Do you think that someone has ever NOT experienced racism?
- Have you ever stopped racism?
- You are in a restaurant and the owner throws someone out for being white. What do you do?
- You are in a restaurant and the owner throws someone out for being black. What do you do?
- Which country has the most racism?
- How should people punish racists?
- Which is worse: racism or sexism?
- Which is worse: racism or homophobia?
- Why would anyone want to be a racist?
- How do you explain racism to a child?
- Do you think global racism is getting better or worse?
- What kind of place would the world be if there were no racism?
Do you know these terms?